Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 8: You Know What...


     I'm going to take a break from Deadly Premonition, making it two games in a row that I've left unfinished. In the case of Dishonored, I just wasn't up for more stealth action. In the case of Deadly Premonition, well... 

The game sucks. The charm does not excuse the frustrating gameplay or the slow progression of events.

With that in mind, I'm switching gears to a game that I will not only take a few weeks of playing, but will never bore or frustrate me to the point of "taking a break" from it.

Red Dead Redemption.

Expansive, enthralling, endless fun. RDR is a title that can go a long way in the argument for video games as art with the narrative. It just happens to be incredibly fun to play.

Given my time constraints, which limit me to only a few hours of gaming per night, RDR could, conceivably, take me to the end of the year. The main story takes a little over 26 hours, but it is not a game I like to rush through.

I'm going to take my time. Work up some achievements, spend some quality time in Thieves' Landing hanging around the docks, shoving people into the water.

I'll do my best to relay the pure joy I experience messing with townspeople...

No comments:

Post a Comment